Monday, May 6, 2013

A little bit of sunshine today.....

makes everything seem better.  The visa application is at the attorney's and there is nothing more that I can do - there may be a few little questions but it's all done.

I had a wonderful weekend and lots got done.  The guild meeting on Saturday morning was the 'Gullah Lady' and was a huge success.  She was truly a wonderful story teller.

So what are the priorities now?  Well, catching up with custom quilting, the Hoffman Challenge, the guild challenge and patterns for upcoming classes. Oh and running!  I ran last week on the treadmill but tomorrow I want to get out on the track - be right back, got to set the alarm.......

Done - and the pork chops are cooking for dinner. 

Just to tease you all a bit - here are some clues to the guild challenge (Blue and the letter 'B'). 

 
Very definitely blue, but that's all I am giving away!
 
Now on to the Hoffman Challenge.  The challenge fabric is the first folded fabric on the left in the picture below.  I laid out all the fabric that I will use on the background fabric.  Since last year's quilt was a disaster (due to the hanging sleeve!) I am using a variation of the same design, but I have started much sooner so I should have much more time to get it right.

 
And this is were I finished today - interesting eh?  Much more to do, but I will post more pictures in the next post.  Obviously I cannot show the finished thing but I will let you know how it's going.

 
Aside from running (there is a race this coming Saturday), I have decided that I absolutely have to finish the house renovations before I go back to England for the visa trip.  I am determined to come back to a completed house!  These renovations have been going on for well over two years and it's getting very old!  Below is a quick rundown of what is left to do.
 
 
Excercise Room - window treatment, so no-one can see me sweat!

 
Living Room - baseboards (skirting boards for the UK).  A quilt over the door, nicer window treatments and an area rug.
 

Master Bedroom - not much to do here except a TV and another quilt.  And, yes, that is a king size bed - go big or go home!!  I am especially pleased with the bedside lamps.
 
 
OK - Master Bathroom has a lot to do - painting, edge the wainscotting, molding and hang all the rails etc.  Plus window treatments.  A good long weekend in here I think.
 
 
Funny little microwave and new closet area - taping, mudding, painting and general what goes here questions?  See that certificate on the wall above the microwave - it's the original specifications for the mobile home and it's registration number etc.
 
 
Above and below is the utility room - painting, floor and hopefully all the tools can go back in the shed once all is finished!


 
Above and below - the office - just a tidy up, some paint touch up and get that ladder out of here!  Oh and hang a couple of needlepoint pictures - they are lurking next to the archive box. 
 
 
Guest room - done!

 
Guest Bathroom - paint touch up, baseboard and it's finished.

 
Oh Boy!  The kitchen - needs baseboard, cabinets painted, countertops, oh - that's it!  Not so bad - maybe a new sink and faucet (tap for the Brits).
 
 
So that it - the full list.  When I think about what needed to be done when I started this, I am amazed at how much has been done.  I did most of it by myself with some help from the engineer in the last year - so, even though there is still some to do, an amazing amount has been achieved.  And I love the floors!
 
Wow - time to close - a glass of wine calls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment