Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Things I have learned this week.....

since I have been back from Des Moines many things have been achieved. 

I unpacked and did laundry - so I have clothes to wear.

I dealt with all the paperwork that had built up and paid all the bills - I am a little tight in the bank.

I rested up for a couple of days, ran errands and caught up with everything that needs to be done - my to do list is two miles long.

I ran a 5k race and didn't come last!

I went out for a training run this morning with Caper and met up with a black lab that escaped its collar and charged us - Caper did her best to protect me but I fell over the ensuing set to and landed on my knees, hand and face.  So I look like Booboo the clown.  I have a very grazed and red nose, top lip, hand and knees and they should all look spectacular tomorrow.  Not much sympathy (more hilarity) today, but wait until you see it tomorrow.....

I have done some work on the mystery quilt and I have also been working on the challenging prospect of putting two quilts into every AQS show this coming year.  The entries for Phoenix have been sent and I should hear back by December 6th if they have been accepted.  Lancaster entries are due by November 6th so some serious work needs to be done to get something ready by then - not sure what yet but I am excited.

Enough for tonight - if I can get caught up on custom quilting I hope to begin the mystery quilt next week.  It is a fabulous quilt and will look spectacular when it is finished so I hope you will play along with me.  Time for bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment