Monday, February 18, 2013

It's been a while.....

The problem with the pinched nerve has caused havoc in my life - typing really hurts the muscles in my arm and quilting is very uncomfortable.  But it seems to be improving a little and although my fingers are still numb I've got much more done in the last few days.


We gave Bandit a doggy treat on his birthday.  He is now officially 14 years old and despite the scare a few weeks ago he seems to have rallied and is doing well. 

 
This amazing Cathederal Window came into the studio last week.  It needs to be completed and the whole thing is hand sewn!  There isn't much left to do so I'll put up a picture of the completed spread when it is done.  The Cathederal Window is considered a quilt but is not actually a quilt as per the definition since there is no batting.

The Crown Royal commission quilt was completed and went to its new home with a very happy owner.  Pictures will follow once she has handed it out as a gift.  It was a lot of fun to do so I'm sure it will be enjoyed.

We went to the One Stop Shop Hop in Lancaster SC, and would you believe it SNOWED on the way up there!  Maybe that kept people away, but we saw a number of people we knew as well as some PQ3000 owners so we had fun anyway.

So - the focus now is the New Jersey show.  This is a huge show and four days long and we have been working on an idea for something to take along with us as well as the PQ3000s.  Well, we have come up with the idea and once it has been turned into a couple of working examples I'll put up pictures - it's fun!!

For now I need to get on with some stuff - it's going to be a frantic few days before we leave for New Jersey - but I will do my best to be a better blogger.  And I am trying to carry out my father's saying, "you may not be able to make hay due to the rain, but you can make sure that when the sun does shine you are ready to go".  So I may be having trouble doing some things but I can get stuff ready to do when I am able again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment