Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Threads and Traditions

Threads and Traditions - the long arm side of my life - is alive and well but a little fractured. 


In the glory days I would have anywhere from 40-50 quilts in line waiting to be to be put on the machines.  I could work 10 - 12 hours a day and never catch up.  Then the slow down, for which I am quite grateful, when I was out on the road and not able to keep an eye on things.  I still have my loyal customers and thankfully just enough quilts so that I can keep up with everything even when I am gone so much.  The move to Rock Hill also removed me from the Lexington area, so my plan for the summer is to work on business in Rock Hill and Charlotte. 


One of my customers, with a landscape that I quilted, won Best of Show in Aiken - yeah! 


Threads and Traditions has always been my core way to earn a living, so the slow down has been somewhat dramatic.  But I know that I do the very best work and take the greatest of care with my customers' quilts and always will.  That being said, at least now I will have more time to work on show quilts. 


And I have some stunning show quilts on the go.  I have one with me here in Salt Lake City which will get worked on every day!  I have one in the planning stage with half of one very big block made, then I have another that will be a deep secret until I can get it done - it is very complicated and intricate and very colorful.  My plan is to get a group of about 5 show quilts doing the rounds out there! 


My plan going forward is to find more business in Rock Hill and Charlotte, keep giving my best services to my regular customers and make those show quilts!  Thank you to all my customers in Lexington who have supported me over the years - I am still here and still quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment