Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Well it has been an interesting week so far.....

and it's not over yet.  I have to thank J.P. big time for the free tickets to the Clemson game on Saturday - it was a blast!  I love live football and I went to my first NFL stadium game in Cincinnati in 1975 with my aunt and uncle.  I was a green (very green) seventeen year old visiting from Wales - I did not have a clue as to what was going on.  Then when Michael was about nine years old I took him to a game held at Crystal Palace in London where the commentator explained the game and it finally began to make sense - that was 26 years ago.  I have been a major football fan ever since.  At times it has required some serious effort to be a Dolphins, Packers and Panthers fan - but I just hang in there! 

So Sunday morning the girls arrive at work to find that there has been a break in at the kennel - they did everything just right.  They took pictures (how did we manage without smart phones?) and called the police.  It is very unlikely that we will find the culprit, but fortunately they were too high, drunk or stupid to find anything.  The cash register was turned off but they obviously couldn't work out how to turn it on (Duh!) so they left with nothing.  Just some damage to the window with the a/c unit which will not take much to fix.  New procedures now about putting the cash away in a lock box at night - we keep learning.  Oh and I need to remember to lock my gate between the kennel and the house.......

Off to Florida on Friday to visit my aunt - driving back Tuesday, so just a short visit.  Things are getting busy around here, thank goodness!  I can really feel the Christmas rush starting and there is a ton of stuff to do before the AQS show in Des Moines, Iowa.  

Anyway - stuff got done in the back yard over the weekend.  The honeysuckle was getting out of hand......


 
Hello - there is the deck!  It looks so much better and is ready to paint.
 
 
And the back deck was looking awful.
 
 
Hot tub has been empty and needing cleaning for weeks - I had thought to sell it, but then I thought of those colder winter days when it is so nice to sit in the hot water.
 
 
There will be more pictures of the progress once the painting has been finished.
 
 
 
Caper wants out and that door needs painting - ask the lovely Lindsay how long the painter's tape has been on the glass!!
 
 
 
 
And whatever it is, is out here somewhere - if I could just find it.
 

 

 
 Thank you W.G - the daisies are lovely!!

 
 
 Sometimes a bunch of cheerful flowers is enough to make my day - heartfelt thanks.

Now there was a bunch of other stuff I was going to spout at you tonight, but I need to get some other tasks done before the trip.  But I am going to use the time on the journey (about 11 hours each way) to review all that I am trying to achieve and to make some decisions about my direction and my priorities.  It's been a very hectic couple of years and I need to regroup. 

I also want to make this blog more about quilting (as I have mentioned before) so look for a mystery quilt when I get back - it's a mystery to me right now so we'll discover it together!! 

See you all when I get back and I will update you on my journey - keep safe.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment