Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Passwords are beginning to drive me crazy......

apparently they should all be different, shouldn't use a pet's name (or yours), should have upper and lower case (or lower case only..), should (should not) include strange characters, should be 8 characters long (or more, or less) and SHOULD NOT BE WRITTEN DOWN.  So just how am I supposed to remember them all!!!!?

There is one (government driven) requirement where I have to go when I hire someone new (and I bet they are monitoring me now!) that requires me to change the password every time I log on - so I have to know the last password I used, invent a new one and confirm it, and it has to be totally different from any I have used before - so no incrementing the ending numbers.  And I SHOULD NOT WRITE THEM DOWN.  Ok government peeps - I am 56 years old, I have a few too many glasses of wine at night, I work too many hours every day and I have hormones - I don't always know WHAT DAY IT IS, never mind the password I used last time I logged on - so there is my rant for this week.  Can we move on to retina recognition on the personal computer in the next week or so - pretty please?

It has been a busy weekend - Labor Day and all that it entails.  The kennel was very busy and the lovely Lindsay did a sterling job of staying in control of upwards of 80 dogs.

I will post pictures later of the work done by myself and the engineer to clear the honeysuckle that was attempting to eat my house.  There was one very interesting side affect to the removal of the honeysuckle - tonight J.P. was watching out of the studio window and saw a very perplexed hummingbird hovering over the (very empty) feeder that I had left outside and never filled.  He (she) then huffed off to somewhere else to find food.  I had not realized that the hummingbirds were still around and had been feeding off the honeysuckle flowers - Oh, shame on me - starving the hummingbirds.  So I made some syrup and I hope that they will be back tomorrow and forgive my transgression.  All that said - the garden looks so much better now!

The U.S Open is still on and so it is wall to wall tennis in my house.  Both of the TV's are set to the channel showing the tennis and if anyone hates tennis - I am so sorry!  You are so out of luck!  And it has been very exciting.

So - drum roll please - I.D. your quilt is finished so expect a call tomorrow.  Crazy quilting lady, this puppy has been on the frame forever, has challenged me to the point of insanity and is utterly gorgeous!!  I cannot wait until you see it - but the rest of the blog followers are going to have to wait until you have seen it and enjoyed the fabulousness!  Thank you so much for trusting me with this beauty.

Let me head back to the tennis while I am still awake and I will try to post pictures in the next day or so - the lesson of the I.D. quilt is the same as the Chinese (or someone's) proverb - the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, or something like that, which is the same as the journey of a million stitches begins with the first one.  Wow - I just took the last one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment