Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain, rain, go away.....

my sunny SC was dreary and damp today.  So the trip to Charlotte NC for Ikea was cancelled and I decided to order online - shipping was expensive, but not as expensive as a tank of gas and my time.  Well, that was my justification!

All the stitch in the ditch is done on Simply Fire and Ice so now I need some inspiration for the patterns to use.  Got a picture below.

 
The plan for another 8 blocks stalled after the cutting out was done - it's been a long day!  But it's a good start for tomorrow and if I end up with 22 blocks at the end of the day I will still be on track, or even slightly ahead. 

 
It's difficult to show the vibrant colors of Fire and Ice in a photograph.  The darker fabric glows and the lighter fabric sets off the darker fabric beautifully.  I think it will be gorgeous when it's finished.  An important lesson learned as well - I have seen it often in quilts made of a lighter fabric with darker fabrics next to it - called fabric bleed, it's when the darker fabric is pressed towards the lighter fabric (due to construction limitations) and the darker fabric shows through the lighter fabric.  There is a little bit of that going on in Fire and Ice, but I will have to live with it!
 
So, final thought for today - Bandit says it's time for bed (or at least supper, which is Cheerios for him, and maybe me too!) - Christmas is coming (sorry!) and how to fit twice as much work into the same amount of time, always the question at this time of year.  I would never complain about having work to do, so onwards and upwards and it will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment