Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life can get a little too exciting sometimes.....

as when we found out that we have been accepted to vend with the PQ3000 in Grand Rapids, Michigan in August.  Now that is a big show and I need to get a number of quilts made and quilted on the PQ to show what can be achieved.

I am still excited about the Lake Worth show but there is a lot to do tomorrow, so early run, breakfast with the engineer and then head down and get through everything before leaving on Thursday morning.  Training for the half marathon is on track, but I may have trouble finding somewhere safe to run five miles on Saturday  morning.

This sketchy diagram is why I use EQ7 to design my quilts - only I could translate this!


So here I am trying to draw the sketchy quilt on a muslin quilt sandwich.


 But I got it and I am now practicing on the PQ3000.  And once again I prove to myself why I hate dark thread on light backgrounds.  Tomorrow I will change to white thread and show how much nicer tone on tone looks on a quilt.  Still it shows what can be done with the frame and all those straight lines are stitched also!  Practice, practice, practice.


Time to tidy house!  It's only acceptable to take clean dishes out of the dishwasher for a few days if you have a second dishwasher for dirty dishes - I wish!  Laundry needs folding and putting away - again dressing out of the tumble dryer every morning is probably not a good idea long term.

No more blogging until I get back from Florida - and then I should have a ton of stuff to blog about!


No comments:

Post a Comment