Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So winter finally arrived....

and it was really cold and gray today.  The temperature is 45F right now and feels like a lot less!  And I like my sunshine - still it should be back tomorrow.

The Hawaiian quilt is coming along.  There is a lot of work to do, all the blue areas will have a formal echo pattern with a less formal meandering echo that will feature in the background areas.  This first part has taken all day so I have a feeling that this one will be around for a while yet - although I did do the top border.




 
We had a few visitors at the studio today.  A couple of ladies came down to pick up their quilts from the town of Ninety Six SC.  Then Miss I. came by to pick up and drop off.  And Oh Boy you should see what she dropped off!!
 
 
It's a Dear Jane quilt and those blocks are 4" square!   It is so beautifully made and only took her a year to complete.  Trust me, that is very impressive and I am highly honored that she has trusted me with the quilting.

 
And check out the borders of this puppy!  All those diamonds.  I am so excited to get started, but it will have to be later in January after the Hawaiian and a couple of others that are needed soon.  The rest of the Christmas rush and the allovers is going well and we are still on track to finish in good time and have even taken on a couple of extras!
 
So I'm off to supper with my favorite New Yorkers and then tomorrow night is the staff Christmas party - the engineer is making a cake, a cunning move that will put him top of the chart with the lovely Lindsay!
 
 
The quilter's dog has had a busy day and is totally exhausted - someone has to hold down the floor! 
 
Another day done and it is quite disconcerting how fast the days are flashing past.  I wonder sometimes whether it is the TV that measures our lives in half hour slots or whether I am just getting older!  Maybe we should turn the TV off in the studio, but then how would we know how crash test dummies are made, all the wonderful things that are going on out there in the universe and how to install a kitchen in two days?
 
Stay safe out there in the cold and enjoy the festive season (and be good at parties!).
 
 

1 comment: