Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A few comments to address.....

It's been a long, busy, happy day.  I had a class at Pieces and Patches for Simplicity Three - paper piecing - and we had a really good time.

Following a conversation I had with a friend who was at the Open House for the launch of the PQ3000 frame it seems there are a few points that need to be clarified.  Someone mentioned that the poles supplied to roll up the quilt should be round.  Well, we tried that and it was not good.  A round pole is hard to square up to the quilt edge and clip in place, and is almost impossible to clamp down to the sides.

During the seven months that we have been developing and testing the frame we tried a number of different poles and the square ones that we finally settled on were the best solution!  Over the development period I believe we have tested and solved every problem that we have encountered.  With my background as a long arm quilter I have been able to translate all the issues and counter them using my years of experience.

I believe that this product is the best that it can be at the moment, but we will never stop trying to evolve it and improve it so that it can be the best product on the market.  It will always have limitations compared to the $20,000 systems, but it will give you the opportunity to use your domestic sewing machine to quilt in the best way possible for a sensible price.

I think my final thought for today is that I really hope that people realize that the PQ3000 has been a long time in development and that we have spent a lot of development dollars to make sure that it works as well as possible within a domestic machine's limitations.  I have a lot of faith in this product - check it out at www.quiltersexpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment