Monday, October 22, 2012

The surprise bathroom renovation.......

I had pretty much decided that I was done with renovating bathrooms after doing the guest bathroom myself.  Then one day last month we had to call a plumber at the kennel, and while he was here I asked him to look at the bathroom to see what he could do.  So he came by last week and quoted me a good price and said that he could start on Monday (today). 

Well - that resulted in a frantic weekend of running around picking up materials and delivering them for PQ3000s, picking up completed PQ3000s and abject apologies to the two ladies who came by at the allotted time to pick up theirs and I wasn't here!!  It all worked out in the end and I owe them eternal gratitude for their patience and kindness - I know they are having fun with their frames now that they have them.

And then the rest of the weekend was a blur of shopping for the stuff - a walk in shower base, walls and doors.  The new toilet and two vanity units with all the bits to go with that lot - faucets, shower head, shower control and what not.

So the plumber came by this morning, which was a delightfully cool fall morning, the trees are just beginning to turn....


 And this is was he did to my master bathroom!

 
Bandit is saying 'where did the vanity unit go?' 
 
 
And I am saying 'where did the bathtub and shower go?'
 
Anyhow, just to add to the construction choas, yesterday I decided to investigate the missing space in the house.  This is the space that a few years ago John and I had measured for something and decided that there was some missing space between the master closet, the bathroom closet and the pantry.  We never did anything about it, but on Sunday morning curiosity got the upper hand and a small hole was cut in the drywall.  Oops - there was another wall about 4 inches in - nothing ventured, so another hole in the second wall.  Bingo - space - so down with the walls!  And this is the result - a two foot by two foot wall to ceiling space that is absolutely ideal for a pantry and storage cupboard.  I can't wait to get that sorted, but the cleaning lady was less than delighted with the drywall dust created by this little adventure.  Pictures of the completed pantry and the new bathroom when all is completed!
 
 
And as for quilting - well a good number of customer quilts have been completed and sent back to their owners.  Preparation for the show in Rock Hill is going well although we don't think we will have enough PQ3000s to go around!  We are getting them made as fast as we can, but it takes time.  The 'Lancaster Project' has ground to a halt so a major push will be required next week. 
 
November has us on a crazy schedule.  My new assistant starts, Joan gets to marketing the PQ3000, we vend in Tampa, I am registered for the 5k race on the runway at Columbia airport and then it's Thanksgiving and for the first time since John and I arrived at my aunt's house in the early hours of Thanksgiving morning, nine years on I get to visit her on this holiday.  Bitter sweet memories of our arrival in this wonderful country and thoughts of John - always.
 
And thoughts of John as I continue on this exciting journey and wild ride.  Now to laying the bathroom floor.......

No comments:

Post a Comment