Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Getting very excited about the show in Grand Rapids.......

and of course I am not ready yet.  Started (yes, started) work today in the small English Paper Piecing patterns to kit up for the show.  It's a fun project - I love E.P.P.- there is so much more to it than Grandmother's Flower Garden, although everyone has to at least make one flower for a GFG even if they give up after that!

I was going to give you lots of pictures to show you what it is going to be, but then I got mischievous and decided to tease this out for a while.  So the question is - did I go with this layout for this block??
 



Apparently not.......

 

 
 So this is the chaos on my cutting table today.  Little bits of fabric and paper everywhere.  It may be a late night tonight because there is a bunch of basting to do for the blocks but hopefully in the next two days I should have the finished kit.
 

 
So Caper has had a wonderful day - climbed onto the garbage cart and tore open a trash bag, got herself left out in the rain and needed toweling dry, ate the towel after it was laid down for her, chased a lizard, chased a bird, chased a rabbit, barked at the UPS guy, slept like a baby, destroyed another soft toy, chewed on her bone, ate some thread, ate some fabric pieces, chewed on a pin (oh boy!) and just had a really good time.  I had forgotten how much aggravation, delight and pure joy it is to be around a young dog!  But she is learning fast and today was taught not to cross the boundary of the studio door that opens to the road.  I don't trust it to be foolproof yet, but she did well.
 
I do have a slight head cold but, hopefully, it will have worn off by the time we leave for Grand Rapids.  I am also very excited that 'Ooodles of Sensations' has been accepted at the show so we can go see it hanging there!  I have decided that when she gets back home after the show I am going to put crystals on the back of the quilt (this was the quilt that got a Merit Award in the Asheville Show for 'Best Back').  So why not highlight that?  Since there are already crystals on the front I think that will really make it twinkle.
 
So I have a number of projects that I want to muse over and contemplate while we are travelling.  I have the 22 fabric quilt to design to use up a stash of fabric, the 'Bed Quilt Hanging' which has been in my head for over three years, the next series of patterns which will be six 'stash buster' quilt designs and two more English Paper Piecing designs.  J.P. will have to take notes at a furious pace to keep up - still it's a fourteen hour drive - we should get it done!

I will let you know when we are packed up and ready to leave - the kennel is doing well under a new captain and there are a lot of good ideas floating around ready to be implemented.  It's so good to be excited about that area again! 

My new close out line again - tomorrow sparkles with possibilities - so to sleep until it dawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment