Friday, August 2, 2013

Pictures and gratitude......

I have been overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and positive feelings from everyone following the changes made at the kennel.  I feel that I should apologize for taking so long to deal with the issues and make life easier for the girls that work for me - there were many references to communication during today and I hope that we can all keep that up and support each other.

So - moving on to much better places - things are looking up.  In the studio we finished piecing the quilt for the magazine and loaded it for quilting.  Other projects also were finished and we are on track with almost everything.  Caper loves being in the studio and is getting much better at greeting customers instead of eating them!

 
So here is the latest custom project.  Miss I.D. knows who she is and what this is all about.  I loaded it on Nora today and started work.  These are 4 3/4" log cabin blocks, so the strips are miniscule. 
 
 
See the little, tiny strips.......

 
See that the ruler is measuring the block at about 4 3/4" there on the left....

 
And see how many blocks there are - twelve across and I don't even want to count how many going down.  But on the plus side, the grass got cut!

 
I know I mentioned that the landscaper had a stroke and, really!, he was out there about two weeks later and mowing the grass on a riding mover and weed whacking the edges.  But it looks so good now.
 
 
This is the new design/blocking wall and R.H. is coming next week to use the wall to block her latest show quilt.  Very excited.
 
 
J.P. is still working on the Cathedral Windows quilt and has about 15 little squares left.  Since it takes about 15 minutes for each one she still has four hours of stitching left to do - but she has done a wonderful job of matching the work that the original sewer did - no one will ever know that the final work was done by J.P. - always the plan!
 
 
Fabulous.......

 
Just thought I would revisit the giant GFG which needs to be finished - two squares done and a few more to do....
 
And to finish tonight - very exciting news - the entry for the Hoffman Challenge has been accepted to travel, so will be out on the road across the country for the next fourteen months or so - a real result after the failure of last year.  Live and Learn!!
 
So for tonight I am thankful for my staff, happy with where I am with quilts and ready for bed.  I had a wonderful conversation with my son today and all is well with his world - not much more that a mother could wish. 
 
Sleep well and tomorrow sparkles with possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment