Thursday, August 1, 2013

I have no pictures.....

but lots to talk about.  Caper is doing well and has relaxed enough to show a somewhat mischievous side.  More training I feel!  Still, she is truly delightful and we are getting closer every day.

I have been running, but I have a way to go - I am sad that I have let things slide so much, so I need to get back in control of losing weight and running.  Even though so much has been sorted out life still has a way of sabotaging things.  

There have been some changes at the kennel and that can only be a good thing.  And that sort of thing makes you feel that everything should be looked at and addressed.  And that also makes me feel that I neeed to address all area of my life.  I really hope that things can turn around and improve.  I believe in the people in my life who care enough to make it work.

So I am left with my personal life.  I believe there are two kinds of people in life - those that are happy alone and those that have to be with another.  I am the one that has to be with another - John and I were married for almost nineteen years when he died (and would have been married 23 years next week).  I loved it - and I know that he did too.  

We had a truly special relationship, as do any happily married couple.  I miss it, I long for it, and I will search for it again.  And I will never settle for anything less than the perfection of a beautiful partnership.  I will be alone rather than settle for less than the joy that I had with John.  Finally I understand why my lovely aunt never loved again after twenty years.  

This post is hard. I miss my partner so much.  It's my birthday and our wedding anniversary in the next two weeks.  Never marry near an important date!   I'm done.........




No comments:

Post a Comment