Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Huge Opportunity.

So - I entered a quilt in the Columbus, Ohio show and Roz entered 'Lofty'.  I was thrilled when my quilt came back and the critique stated that my Sitch in the Ditch was well executed.  Makes all those hours of work worthwhile!  Didn't win a prize, but just to be hanging there is a real honor.

So Roz called today to tell me about the critique for 'Lofty'.  And it was interesting - areas to improve on, quilting has good movement and well executed - very positive.  So all that was imformative, but the really exciting bits were the final points:

Held for Special Award:  Color

Held for Special Award:  Best Machine Quilting

OK - we didn't get either award, but to be held for consideration in a National quilt show - oh boy!!!!!  That is about as good as it gets until we finally win the awards.

So it's time to tub and reflect on the day.  I did a whole day of stitch in the ditch on a custom quilt - and I did it with much more focus and joy than usual since it was noticed and I feel so much better about the time I spend doing it if it is well judged in a show. 

The point is that the most expensive part of quilting a quilt should never be seen, but it adds so much to the quilt that it should never be skipped.

Good Night and remember.....

dogs apparently need to be fed on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment