Friday, June 29, 2012

We broke a record!!!

It reached a whopping 109F here today - the highest temperature ever recorded since they decided to keep records.  And tomorrow could be hotter - wonderful, even less clothes!!

On a more serious note, that is very dangerous for some people and we should never underestimate the value of air conditioning, but I really love the heat and it has been a lovely day, full of sunshine and cheer.

So - what got done today?  Well, the changes were made to Simplicity Five, ready for the class tomorrow.  Then more progress was made on the Hoffman Challenge quilt.  I still have plenty to do, but I can see it taking shape.  I will share it with you when it is nearer completion.  There is a second one that I am working on as well, but I am not as happy with that as I am with this one.  Still, both will get submitted and I have two weeks to get them done and quilted (gulp!).  Just worked that out!

Here's a clue to what is going on - then I need to go to bed!


I'll post pictures of the finished quilts!

So my final thought for today is:

If you have a loved one smooch regularly.  I never did take the time to smooch with John the way I should have, so now being lucky enough to have a loved one in my life again, I will never miss an opportunity to smooch.  And I have been without a loved one, so I know that then you have to be kind to yourself and trust that it will all work out in the end.  And the secret is always be kind to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment