Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ways to Improve a Hot Tub.

Having now become addicted to the hot tub, because it's the only way to end the day and mine has a very pretty blue light that shows up well in the dark, the only improvement I could think of for that basking, warm relaxation would be the ability to blog in the tub.  I think that the waterproof laptop, invented already I'm sure, will probably be out of my price range.  So I'll just have to lie back, sip wine and think of things to tell you about.

And there are lots of things to tell you about....

The website is looking fabulous.  We keep thinking of so many things to add to it that ideas are floating around all over the place - and getting the patterns on there is now our top priority.  Karma Simplicity Five is being written right now (well maybe not at this second, but it's a work in progress!) and is a Celtic Knot quilt.  My first ever quilt was a Celtic quilt because no-one told me that it was too difficult for a beginner - and that is probably my thought of the day for my personal assistant (Miss Moneypenny).  I will return to it at the end of this post! 


The class is at Pieces and Patches on June 30th and July 1st.  I am hoping to get much more of the sample done before then, but you can see from the picture that the knot square came out really well, and the pieced square is just gorgeous.  It is going to be a lovely quilt, and my head is racing with quilting ideas.  I want to get this out to a show before the end of the year.

Karma Simplicity Six is a Sampler quilt that will knock your socks off!  I will be working on putting it together in the next three weeks or so but this is what it looks like - so excited!

 



There is a lot more, but it really is time to get in the tub.  I played tennis tonight and my brain is wondering why I test my limits against a fuzzy yellow ball that is much smaller than I am, but my heart says 'kill the fuzzy yellow ball' and I have this feeling that the fuzzy yellow ball just won again.  But it's '''WIMBELDON'''  next week - two weeks of wall to wall tennis - I listen to a lot of tennis!! since I can't watch and quilt, but I can quote the commentators line by line, so I sound like an expert.

So these are the closing lines for Miss Moneypenny....


who told you that it was something a beginner couldn't do?

and who defined the beginner?

and I still believe that one day I will be a ballet dancer!

and don't keep junk food in the house if you don't want to eat it, because the midnight munchies will get you!!

Tomorrow will be bright and sunny, if not the weather then all the things that we can achieve - good night all!







No comments:

Post a Comment