Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oops - I got busy!

Miss Moneypenny gave me quite a scolding this morning, since I have not blogged since last Friday, and she needed a progress update.  Well, it was a busy weekend teaching Simplicity Five both Saturday and Sunday, and then there was construction work to do in the kitchen and hot tubbing to be done!

So anyway - here's how it's going....

Went to Pieces and Patches today to drop of quilts - a normal Tuesday morning activity.  There I met some travelling ladies who were around for a few days and just dropped in to hang around the quilt store - I hope they had a wonderful time.  I also met another lady from NC and we got into a lively discussion as to what isolated quilters would like to see on the internet - so I came home with a dozen ideas of things to add to the website and the blog and a ton of work for Miss Moneypenny and me to do - watch out for how to videos, free video classes and video Block of the Month (Week?).  I am so excited.

The prototype PQ3000 is in the studio and ready to be tested.  What in the world is a PQ3000 you ask?  Well in the next few weeks I will let you know all about it, but for now I'll just say that it is a frame that turns your DSM (Domestic Sewing Machine) into a baby long arm quilting system.  We are still making sure that we have addressed all the kinks, but it's going to be fabulous.

The Hoffman Challenge quilt is coming along - lots of circles to applique onto the background - 36 in total - 14 left to do. 

Since I am teaching Simplicity Six in less than two weeks, I have been working on the blocks for this exciting sampler quilt. 

So - it's time for a glass of wine in the hot tub (a plastic glass just in case!) and to mull over all the new ideas that are bursting to get out of my head.

HAPPY 4TH TO EVERYONE!  Have a happy and safe day - and enjoy the fireworks.

And the final thought for today is.....

Why did I sign up for a 4 mile race at 7.42am on July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment