Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When Tragedy Strikes.

A friend, dear to my heart, said today 'Please drive safely and hug your kids tonight' and she is very, very right, and I am so sorry for the tragedy that hit her family.  I would add to that 'Please everyone be careful and hug your loved ones every time you are going to be apart, whether for minutes, hours or days'. 

I am so thankful that the last words I spoke to my husband were 'I love you' because that leaves a better memory than any other words I may have said.

So - there is much sadness in our quilting family tonight and my heart is with my friend.  Somehow it makes me realize that all the seeming stress I thought I was under is not really important - I may be busy, but it's doing things I want to do, things that people like, but things that are not so important that family and friends don't come first.

So hug lots, love lots, be kind to everyone because you never know what deep sadness there may be in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment