Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hi everyone.......

I know I'm in trouble.  It's been a very long time since I got on here to tell you about what's going on in my world.  So big catch up to do.

I'm a little under the weather at the moment so it's a really good thing that I have my new (old) assistant working for me again.  JP worked with me a couple of years ago and came back a couple of weeks ago.

The lovely Lindsay is still around, but the kennel stole her from me to cover the Thanksgiving rush.  And I ask the question again - how did it get to be almost the end of the year already?  We are steadily working through the Christmas quilts and we are on target to get everything done in plenty of time and still have room for some last minute pleas!

Jeeves has been working on the T-Shirt quilts for Christmas and keeping on top of that.  We have decided to expand and promote the T-Shirt quilt business, so we vended at the Rythmic Dance Studio last Sunday and are at Springdale Elementary School on December 4th. 

It's slow in the PQ3000 world at the moment.  Lindsay is trying to set up advertizments in Guild newsletters all over the South East and we are deciding how to best get the frame advertized nationally.  We have a ton of how-to videos to do and too many other things going on at the same time! 

I had to give up on the Lancaster Project, but I have only 8 more blocks to go and I'm sure it will be successful in other shows.  Pictures tomorrow of stuff, when I am feeling better.  With so many people working in the studio the classroom is a workroom at the moment, but we can turn it back into a classroom for the Simplicity class due on December 8th - I am looking forward to that.  Next week, after Thanksgiving, I will be sending out the supply lists - there are always so many combinations of fabric for this quilt.

So all my show quilts are home at the moment and over the holidays I am going to find places in the house for them to hang - any show quilts will be new ones going forward.  I have a ton of ideas and can't wait to start the new 'Karma' series.  The new series is called 'Serendipity' now instead of 'Sensibility'! 

OK - off to my sick couch.  I am going to curl up under an afghan and prowl through my books of crocheted and knitted afghans and decide on one to make for the State Fair next year, since I can't enter any quilts.  Tomorrow can only be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment