Monday, April 8, 2013

Not so long this time....

but probably long enough. 

The excitement regarding the One Block Wonder is wonderful. 


 
The class is filling up and I can't wait!!
 
I had a lovely day today with a couple of new friends from Charlotte who came for PQ3000 class.  We all got so carried away it was about an hour past the class finishing time before we even knew what time it was - fun!!
 
I have decided (again) that it is time to get back to running, so I am signed up for a race in Charlotte in July but I need a couple of races before then for motivation.  I don't understand why it is that I feel so much better when I am running but I don't do it - it's the human nature that has the self destruct gene!!  I still think all is not well with my arm.  I can feel my fingers but there are still weaknesses in the muscles and I am not ready to risk tennis - quilting is bad enough without adding tennis to the problem!  So running it is - treadmill tomorrow - I'll let you know.
 
I checked out my credit card reward points a couple of weeks ago.  I sort of knew that they were building but I had not done anything about it because I had enough to do (and John used to take care of all that kind of stuff).  So I logged on and found that I had 78,000 of the little so-and-sos!!  So I checked out what I could get and now I have a complete set of new pans and skillets and a really cool new knife block set.  And I still have 50,000+ points to spend - amazing for a girl who hates shopping!
 
Still sorting out stuff for the garage sale - I love to clear out clutter.  But I do still need to finish the painting in the house.  And there is the Hoffman Challenge to sort out and an entry for Grand Rapids. 
 
So it's probably time to head for the couch, then bed, to see if my head can come up with something amazing to translate into a quilt - all my best ideas come to me overnight - including staying in bed for an extra ten minutes after the alarm goes off!!
 
Bandit is still doing well - keep quilting - and enter shows - you would be surprised at what gets a ribbon - maybe even your quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment