Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's getting warmer......

Spring has arrived and it will probably be Summer next week.  I have finally summoned up the motivation to run again and have run one mile for the last two mornings.  Not a huge achievement, but a beginning.  I am looking for a recumbent exercise bike and I plan to work up to the half marathon.  So my first run is a 5k on May 11th - the 'Crawdaddy Dash' so when I'm done we can go and eat crawfish!

So to quilting news.  The girls from Charlotte came down for another lesson and had a really good time.  I am so grateful to them, they motivate me and are so happy with the frame and what they can do with it - it really makes me feel so good about the whole process.  They also had some wonderful ideas the I will share soon - I can't tell you how much fun it is when my PQ3000 customers come up with good ideas for making it better!

The one block wonder class was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to teaching it again.  I need to send in my show entry for Grand Rapids tomorrow, and then it is time to work on the Hoffman Challenge.

So, I have a baby clothes quilt to complete and then a few classes to work on - both classes are hand work - Cathedral Windows and English Paper Piecing.

Time for bed - I had a lovely weekend that included a really excellent production of 'King Lear' by USC in Columbia.  I love Shakespeare and have spent many happy Saturday afternoons at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon watching a matinee performance.  I think it is fabulous that good Shakespeare performances are so prevalent here in South Carolina and in Charlotte, North Caroline.

Happy days with warm temperatures and sunny days - I love this place!  Sunshine makes the world seem better and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment