Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring - finally.......

The Bradford pear tree has almost finished blooming and has leaves.  The squirrels are running around the back yard trying to remember where the last of their nuts are hidden and the bluebirds are getting ready to do what bluebirds do in the spring!

I have almost completely recovered the feeling in my fingers so I am assuming that the pinched nerve has almost healed.  I will still wait a while before playing tennis but I am looking forward to getting back into it soon.

I have a bunch of paperwork to do but 'Dear Jane' is finished!!! 




I am really happy with the final result.  All that stitch in the ditch really was worth the time and effort - 'Dear Jane' has been in my life for almost four weeks.  I am really ready for a change!

 

Each square is 4 1/2" finished - that's a lot of pieces in a very small space. 

So I am going to teach the 'One Block Wonder' technique at the quilt store on April 20th.  Oops - just remembered that the engineer has a neighborhood garage sale that day - guess I can't help much although class doesn't start until 10am so I can help with the earlier shift!

Anyway - 'One Block Wonder'.  It's a stack and whack technique and it is a lot of fun and produces the most diverse quilts.  Below is the sample we are making laid out on the design wall - just one kind of block and one fabric!  We still have some changes to make but it's looking good.

 
And then Carly wanted her picture taken too.....


 

But we couldn't ignore Bandit although he wasn't as keen to get in a photo.............

 
So the end of another busy day of quilting - it's time to start thinking about the Hoffman Challenge entry (due July) as well as the Cathederal Window class sample and I really need to finish the painting in the house.  I am so sick of the house at the moment - when I started the complete renovation over two years ago I was ready to get it done but now I think I am just done in!  I keep trying to set target finishing dates but something much more interesting keeps coming along.  Oh well - I'll get there eventually.

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment