Thursday, August 16, 2012

About forty five minutes late.....

But it has been a wonderful day.  Started out with a three mile run which felt good and was a lot faster than Monday's three miles.  I also found another 5k race for August - so now I can get the T-Shirt for a race I actually will run, since I was not well enough to run the first August race.  So I am back on track (no pun intended) for my 12 shirt quilt entitled 'A Year in Racing!'

So during class today, once everyone was busy and knew what they were doing, I finished my Simplicity Six sample.  And I am exceptionally pleased with it (and if you know me, you know that that is rare!) and I can't wait to quilt it.  I gave a few moments thought to putting an all over pattern on it, thought again and added it to the pile that's accumulating behind Nora for custom work.  Oh well!



Then Joan P. almost got hers together in class - she will finish it on Monday.  It never ceases to surprise me how a quilt made to the same pattern can look so different depending on the fabric choices.


Joan D. brought this quilt to class today.  It's a completed Simplicity Four and it's stunning - brighter than the picture and is so much fun.



 And while we were all having a blast in class (including me as the teacher!) Abby was busy working away in the background, singing her little song (she has a quiet little tune that she plays while she is working - when I get the video equipment I'll tape her) and stitching a beautiful pattern in the 'Wildflower Rhapsody' quilt.


So I'm goofing off to Charlotte NC tomorrow to see the Miami Dolphins play the Carolina Panthers in a pre-season game.  I am so excited!  I will, of course, be wearing my Dolphins shirt - making me a lone green, orange and shiny thing in the middle of a sea of black, white and blue!!  But I'll take my Panthers sweatshirt along in case it gets chilly later in the evening.  Then a Shakespeare play in Rock Hill on Saturday night before heading home to get back to work on Sunday.

So my final thought for today is .............  do I really want to run a 5 mile race on Labor Day?  They gave me $5 off the entry fee because I ran the 'Born in the US' race on July 4th....... should I?  Why not?  Got to go and get the credit card! (and for those that know, you are allowed a little giggle at the British girl running in that race on July 4th!)


No comments:

Post a Comment