Friday, September 21, 2012

Fire and Ice....

is coming along very nicely.  Pictures don't do it justice, as I have said before, but I am really pleased - and those who know me, know that that is fairly rare.  It's hard being a perfectionist and a quilter!

Fun day playing EQ7 with S. - we got sidetracked so many times we ended up with a squillion quilt patterns, all impossible to make, but truely fabulous.....and this was where I had to stop and leave for the Home Depot to pick up the supplies for six more PQ3Ks!

So now it's Friday afternoon and after a productive day, we have pictures of the PQ3K, a more complete manual and Fire and Ice is off the frame and ready to bind, label and get a hanging sleeve - then it's off to NC for the show.

 
Stilll in progress here, but I love this feather pattern!

 
Fire and Ice and the PQ3000 - a good day's work.

 
Just a little quilt to show what the PQ3000 looks like in action - once this one is done I will load a big quilt on the frame to show that it is able to accomadate much larger quilts.
 
It's been another lovely day here - sunny, bright and not too hot.  So I'm going to stay out in the studio for a while, tie up some loose ends and some paperwork, and then head to the hot tub with my glass of wine.  The next few weeks are going to be hectic - first the Open House for the PQ3000 at Pieces and Patches in Lexington, then all the preparation for the first show for the frame in Tampa FL in November.
 
So my final thought for today is an old one - if you want to eat right don't keep junk food in the house!  Waiting for a pizza to cook for 16 minutes (and then cool down for 5 minutes) is no way to handle midnight munchies! (Oh did I do that last night? No, well maybe.)

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any videos of actual quilting so we can see how the PQ3000 moves around? I want to know how smooth of an action it provides! I just got a Horizon 7700 and am considering this frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the process of making some more videos at the moment. We should have them posted on Tuesday at some point. The Horizon works beautifully on the PQ3000.

    ReplyDelete