Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor day weekend....

Well it was a busy and hectic weekend.  There was a quilt guild meeting on Saturday and it was, as always, very informative and a lot of fun.

Sunday was set aside for laying the (almost) last of the laminate floor.  Still had some to do on Monday, but it had to wait until I got back from a 5 mile race.  Now that is a long way!!  But I finished and I am very pleased with myself.  I think I might stick to 5k races from now on and work on my speed.

So all of the flooring is laid other than the utility room and the master bath.  This has been an ongoing project for the last two years - I am really fed up with renovating.  It seemed such a good idea to redo the whole house, but it is getting very old now.  But I am nearly there and I would love to finish what's already been almost done by Christmas.  Then the utility room and the master bathroom by the end of next year after a break.

So it's time for the Christmas rush to start and it's always tiring but fun.  I get to see all the amazing quilts that have been made for gifts and the love that has gone into the creating of these works of art.

This means that life will be interesting for a while.  The launch of the quilting frame, PQ3000.  The beginning of the designs for Karma Sensibility.  The Christmas rush.  I am excited!

I think my thought for today is that I need to get to bed earlier, get up earlier and get to my day's work earlier - and live every moment - I am so lucky to have work to do that I love, the health and energy to do it, and the blessings of good friends.  Bedtime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment