Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Oh boy........

I think I am in real trouble with my favorite EQ7 student, S.!  I didn't get around to blogging yesterday and so much happened over the weekend! 

My friend and I like to hit the garage sales on Saturday morning but I didn't find anything that I wanted to buy.  However when we went to Ace Hardware to pick up all the hardware for the new batch of PQ3000s I found a key blank with martini glasses on it so, of course, I had to get a new house key cut!  So I put together the hardware kits and we are on schedule for 6 units for the Open House this coming Sunday.

Apart from being lax on blogging I have also been a bit behind with the Lancaster blocks.  But I managed to get 8 done tonight, so now there are 22 and I can get back on track tomorrow. 

In order to finish the PQs and pack, ship and promote them, there has been a flurry of activity.  Boxes, box cutters, box staplers, packing paper, a camcorder for how-to videos, a smartphone for the credit card thingy (it's so tiny I can't fathom the technology!), spiral binding things for the manual, special paper, smart tags (see below - they are amazing!), new business cards, new brochures, shiny advertizing flyers and lots of wine!!

Smart tags - if you have a smartphone you can take a scan of a smart tag and it will take you to a website or video etc.!  So I have a smart tag on my business card and anyone can scan it with their smartphone and it will take them to the website www.quiltersexpress.com - amazing!  So when we finalize the manual there will be smart tags that take people to the how-to videos etc.!  Very exciting and very up there don't you think?  I can't believe that I have been missing this amazing technology for so long!

 
So this is a bigger quilt ready for the PQ3000 - I really want to quilt it and enter it in a show - watch this space!
 
 
 

Ok - this is very haphazard at the moment, but it will come together!  I have to believe that it will be a quilt worthy of entry into Lancaster - I am working on precision, quality and color.  The quilting will be a different challenge - it will be outside my comfort zone since the quilting required will be a whole different level from the work I do for my customers.  They are not looking for show quilting, just lovely quilting for bed quilts or throw quilts.  Apart from 'Lofty' this is new ground!  Remember 'Lofty'?


 
 I was so thrilled to get a 'Best machine Quilting' ribbon for this work!  I know Roz knows that I am so proud of all the recognition that 'Lofty' has recieved, but now I want to produce my own famous quilt! 

So - finally - my final thought of the day!  Believe - just believe - without belief nothing can be achieved. So - Go PQ3000 - it rocks!!!!  Bedtime......

1 comment:

  1. What is the size limit in inches for your frame? I make large queen size bed quilts

    ReplyDelete